Andrews Labor Government Victorian Economic Achievements
Updated June 2018:
- Real Gross State Product growth of 3.3%, above the national average of 2.1% and higher than the 2% average recorded by the previous Coalition Government.
- Positive contribution from household consumption, dwelling investment and business investment.
- Employment increase of 322,900 people since the Andrews Government election in 2014, compared to 127,300 for entire Coalition Government term.
- Current unemployment rate of 5.3%, below national average of 5.6% and below the 6.7% recorded when the Coalition lost government.
- Current participation rate of 65.3%, higher than the 64.6% recorded when the Coalition lost government.
- Current job vacancies at 62,500, higher than the 33,300 recorded when the Coalition lost government.