The Andrews Labor Government’s achievements in Sydenham – 2014 / 2019
* Not a complete list
- Major works have now been completed on a new six-lane road bridge over the Sunbury and Bendigo rail lines, as part of the Melton Highway Level Crossing Removal Project
- Installation of traffic lights Taylors Road and Kings Road intersection – early works
- Construction is underway to deliver the Fraser Rise Children and Community Hub. The centre will be designed to provide services for children, families, young people and seniors, and to meet the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse members of the newly established and rapidly growing suburb of Fraser Rise
- Springside West Secondary College, formerly known as Taylors hill West Secondary College, opened in 2018 and has received additional funding to build the remaining stages of the school, allowing space and facilities for the full enrollment of 1,100 secondary students.
- Upgrades are planned for Copperfield College including $3.5 million in refurbished classrooms and facilities.
- Taylors Lakes Secondary College is undergoing planning to build a multi purpose space for teaching staff and students with improved wheelchair access.
- School Breakfast Club Program participating schools: Mackellar Primary School, Springside P-9 College, Taylors Lakes Primary School
- Camps, Uniforms and Excursions Fund 2015-2016: Parents supported (3,928), students supported (5,538), total amount paid ($973,050)
- $3.5 million funding to Copperfield College to upgrade and modernise facilities, including the refurbishment of classrooms and facilities that are in poor condition
- A new 24-hour ambulance station for Taylors Lakes, with 14 full-time equivalent paramedics, a new ambulance vehicle, a drive in-and-out garage bay for vehicles, rest and recline areas, training rooms, bedrooms, modern amenities and fully-fitted kitchen.
- Community Shade Grants: Sydenham Hillside Cricket Club ($3,250)
- Defibrillators Grants Program: Sunbury BMX Club
- Sporting Club Grants 2016: Brimbank Strikers ($1,000), Hillside Football Club ($1,000), Sydenham Hillside Cricket Club Inc ($1,000), Taylors Lakes Recreation Club Inc ($1,000), Taylors Lakes Recreation Club Inc – Tennis Club ($1,000), Taylors Lakes Recreation Club Inc ($2,000)
- Men’s Family Violence Funding: Djerriwarrh Health ($208,706) and Relationships Australia ($359,289)
- Empower Youth Grants 2017: South Sudanese Community Association in Victoria ($250,000)
- Victorian Litter Innovation Fund Round 1: Brimbank City Council ($13,000)
- Delahey Community Centre is eligible for 5 additional hours funding per week/ 260 hours per year through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program
- Works have begun on the upgrade of Kenswick Drive Reserve in Hillside, thanks to a $194,000 grant from the Andrews Labor Government. It will include an exercise station, a shelter, seating, a playground, new trees and landscaping works
- Established the Jobs Victoria Employment Network which provides intensive support to those unable to get a job
- Back to Work Scheme providing financial incentives of up to $11,000 per worker for businesses that hire ex-automotive workers
- Established the Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program, offering support to supply chain companies to develop new business plans
- Established the Local Industry Fund for Transition which has funded 33 projects, generated over $160 million in investments and created 864 jobs
Growing Suburbs Fund:
- $194,000 for Kenswick Drive Reserve Upgrade
- Watergardens Station accessibility improvements
- Sunbury Line upgrade, including planning and detailed design work to enable deployment of high capacity metro trains to Sunbury