The Andrews Labor Government’s achievements in Sunbury – 2014 / 2019
* Not a complete list
- Tullamarine Primary School has been upgraded to receive a new modular building to replace Blocks A and B with new classrooms, administration facilities and student bathrooms.
- Expansion of Taylor Drive Preschool has been completed extending its licensed capacity.
- Diggers Rest Primary has successfully completed refurbishment of its classrooms and facilities as well as the addition of nature based learning stations in outside spaces.
- Salesian College has received an upgraded library and eleven general learning areas as part of the Capital Funding Program for Non-Government Schools
- Kismet Park Primary has completed works to the schools performing arts centre improving accessibility. The school has also completed works to refurbish the administration and physical education teaching facilities.
- Sunbury West Primary School has completed upgrades to its outdoor facilities
- Stewarts Lane Preschool has increased its licensed capacity of students and undergone works to improve the flow of the building
- Sunbury College is currently undergoing works to refurbish the schools existing spaces and build a new science wing. Additions are also underway to transform the existing library into a creative arts precinct
- The first stages of a new Catholic primary school are under construction in Sunbury
- Gladstone Park Primary is planned to undergo refurbishment of classroom facilities
- Goonawarra Primary School is planned to receive a new inclusive playground with all-abilities equipment
- Sunbury Primary School is expected to undergo modernisation works including refurbished classrooms and facilities
- Sunbury Heights Primary School is planned to undergo modernisation works and receive a new Early Learning Facility jointly located Sunbury Heights and Sunbury Downs to be used by both schools. The facility will include a flexible multi-purpose community and activity meeting spaces, spaces for allied health where training, employment support and other services can be provided.
- $10.8 million funding allocation to Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School – Sunbury Campus, this will activate the Jackson’s Hill site and refurbish and modernise buildings and facilities
- Let’s Count eligible kinders: Diggers Rest Preschool
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School will receive up to $9,725 in funding to connect students to local volunteering opportunities
- Doctors in Secondary Schools: Sunbury College is currently participating
- School capital funding: Diggers Rest Primary School ($181,500), Kismet Park Primary School ($964,000), Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School ($4.08 million), Sunbury West Primary School ($12,000), Salesian College ($500,000), Sunbury Primary School ($20,000)
- School maintenance: Diggers Rest Primary School ($84,000), Goonawarra Primary School ($328,000), Killara Primary School ($121,000), Sunbury Downs Secondary College ($332,000), Sunbury Heights Primary School ($155,000), Sunbury Primary School ($51,000) and Sunbury West Primary School ($211,000),
- School Breakfast Club Program participating schools: Diggers Rest Primary School, Sunbury Heights Primary School, Sunbury And Macedon Ranges Specialist School
- Camps, Uniforms and Excursions Fund 2015-2016: Parents supported (3,098), students supported (4,348), total amount paid ($724,900)
- The Sunbury Community Hospital is undergoing planning to build an expansion of the current hospital. Work is expected to commence in 2022 with doors opening in 2024.
- Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program 2016-17: $2,946 for Wildwood Sunbury
- Sporting Club Grants 2016: Diggers Rest Football Netball Club ($600), School Sports Officials Inc ($1,000), Sunbury & Districts Over Sixties Cricket Club ($1,000), Sunbury Football Netball Club ($1,000), Sunbury Little Athletics Centre Inc ($1,000), Sunbury School of Calisthenics Inc ($1,000), Tullamarine Football Club ($1,000), Sunbury Basketball Association Incorporated ($5,000), Sunbury Softball Association ($3,150)
- Sporting Club Grants 2017: Sunbury Storm Softball Club Inc ($960), Rupertswood Football Club Inc ($1,900), Galaxy Melbourne Touch Rugby Club ($1,000), Tullamarine Sporting Club ($4,500)
- VicHealth Active Club grants 2017: Diggers Rest Junior Football Club Inc. ($2,133), Sunbury Basketball Association Incorporated ($2,900), Sunbury United Rugby League Club ($2,127)
- Allocated $43,425 to the Stewart’s Lane Preschool project. The project has extended both preschool rooms to increase the licensed capacity from 56 to 66 and removed several internal doors to improve the flow and usability of the internal storerooms and the office space.
- $33,825 provided for Taylor Drive Preschool facility upgrades
- Children’s Week 2017 grants: Sunbury Neighbourhood House – Messy Rainbow Day ($610)
- Empower Youth Grants 2017: Islamic Council of Victoria ($550,000)
- Added an extra 83 metro train services for Diggers Rest and Sunbury each week
- Over 300 additional parking spaces at Sunbury Station
- Sunbury Line upgrade, including planning and detailed design work to enable deployment of high capacity metro trains to Sunbury
- Plans for 20,000 new homes and 6000 jobs have been released for public comment to guide development around Sunbury for the next 30 years
- Men’s Family Violence Funding: Djerriwarrh Health ($208,706) and Relationships Australia ($359,289)
- Men’s Sheds Funding Round 2017: Tullamarine Men’s Shed ($60,000)
- Community Grants Program: Tullamarine Community House Inc. ($10,000)
- Victorian Litter Innovation Fund Round 1: Brimbank City Council ($13,000)
- Community Shade Grants round 2: School Sports Officials Inc ($4,425)
- Tullamarine Community House Inc is eligible for 5 additional hours funding per week/ 260 hours per year through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program
- The Interface Growth Fund is generating local jobs by helping outer-suburban communities build local infrastructure that is vital for growing communities to thrive into the future. Hume City Council has advised that the Sunbury Warm Water Pool project is expected to deliver a minimum of 15 jobs during the construction phase, and a minimum of 2 jobs during the ongoing operations phase
- Established the Jobs Victoria Employment Network which provides intensive support to those unable to get a job
- Back to Work Scheme providing financial incentives of up to $11,000 per worker for businesses that hire ex-automotive workers
- Established the Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program, offering support to supply chain companies to develop new business plans
- Established the Local Industry Fund for Transition which has funded 33 projects, generated over $160 million in investments and created 864 jobs
Growing Suburbs Fund:
- $230,000 for Community Facility Accessibility Upgrades
- $2,000,000 for Sunbury Warm Water Pool
- $490,000 for Boardman Reserve Upgrade
- $3,000,000 for Hume Global Learning Centre – Sunbury
- $400,000 for Sunbury Lawn Tennis Club Pavilion
- $2,060,000 for McMahon Recreation Reserve Development
- Jacksons Hill land aquistion
- $1 million funding to implement cycling and hiking trails for the Northern Regional Trails Strategy
- Duplication of 7km of Sunbury Road from Powlett Street to Bulla-Diggers Rest Road from two lanes to four lanes
- Planned works to remove the Gap Road level crossing