The Andrews Labor Government’s achievements in Essendon – 2014 / 2017
* Not a complete list
- Chronic Condition Support Grants 2017: Essendon & Distrcit Diabetes Peer Support Group ($2,200) and Prostate Melbourne Support Group ($3,300)
- Set to receive a new and upgraded 24-hour ambulance station that will feature 14 full-time paramedics, new ambulance vehicles, drive in-and-out garage bays for vehicles, rest and recline areas, training rooms, bedrooms, modern amenities and a fully-fitted out kitchen
- School Shade Grants Program Round 2: Ascot Vale Special School ($8,000.30)
- Project in tender: Buckley Street level crossing removal
- Doctors in Secondary Schools program: Mount Alexander 7-12 College
- Moonee Ponds West Primary School to be upgraded
- Essendon Keilor College will receive $10 million to completely rebuild the Niddrie junior campus with new classrooms, specialist areas and administration areas, as well as new science rooms at the Keilor East junior campus and a new performing arts space at the Essendon senior campus.
- School capital funding: Ascot Vale ($210,300), Debney Meadows Primary School ($24,000), Essendon East Keilor District College ($10 million), Mount Alexander College ($250,000), Strathmore Primary School ($5.7 million), Strathmore Secondary College ($12 million),
- School maintenance: Essendon Primary School ($62,000)
- Glasses for Kids program delivered: Debney Meadows Primary School
- School Breakfast Clubs Program participating schools: Ascot Vale West Primary School, Debney Meadows Primary School
- Camps, Uniforms and Excursions Fund 2015-2016: Parents supported (1,953), students supported (2,704), total amount paid ($415,800)
- Community Cricket Program: Strathmore Cricket Club awarded a $5000 grant for the installation of a second cricket pitch at Strathnaver Reserve, Strathmore.
- Defibrillators Grants Program: Essendon United Soccer Club
- Sporting Club Grants 2016: Essendon Cricket Club ($1,000), Essendon Hockey Club ($1,000), Essendon Rowing Club ($990), Maribyrnong Greens Soccer Club ($1,000), Maribyrnong Swifts Football Club Inc ($884), North West Wolves Rugby League Club Inc ($1,000), St Johns Uniting Netball Club ($558), Strathmore Cricket Club ($1,000), Essendon Cricket Club ($2,000), Essendon Rowing Club ($1,100), St Johns Uniting Netball Club ($2,000), Metro West District Swimming ($5,000), Newmarket Phoenix FC ($4,000)
- Sporting Club Grants 2017: Essendon Bowls Club Inc ($1,000)
- VicHealth Active Club grants 2017: Essendon Bowls Club Inc ($3,000), St Johns Uniting Netball Club ($1,313), Moonee Valley Sporting Club ($9,500), Maribyrnong Park Sports Club ($2,427), Maribyrnong Swifts Football Club Inc. ($2,998)
- Funded the Hopetoun Early Years Centre redevelopment
- Children’s Week 2017 grants: Moonee Valley City Council – The Power of Education ($500)
- Freeza Grants 2016-18: Moonee Valley City Council – The Avenue ($72,000)
- Night Network: expansion of the Craigieburn line to now service Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds, Essendon and Strathmore.
- $30 million to kick-start the Flemington public housing estate’s redevelopment and a regeneration of Flemington’s 22 walk up buildings.
- $10 million substantial upgrade of two existing rooming houses in Ascot Vale and Flemington to improve safety and welfare for residents
- Men’s family violence funding: Lifeworks Relationship Counselling and Education Services ($359,875)
- Provided $950,000 in funding to the Caroline Chisholm Society to build a brand new community services hub in partnership with the Moonee Valley Council.
- Community Grants Program: Inner North West Blue Light Inc ($800) and Somali Community Inc ($2,000)
- Community Shade Grants round 1: Essendon District Aquatic ($1,816.37)
- Community Shade Grants round 2: Essendon Rowing Club ($2,272.73)
- Boost to the Jobs Victoria Employment Network: Whitelion and Wingate Avenue Community Centre approved to receive a share of $6.4 million in funding
- Established the Jobs Victoria Employment Network which provides intensive support to those unable to get a job
- Back to Work Scheme providing financial incentives of up to $11,000 per worker for businesses that hire ex-automotive workers
- Established the Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program, offering support to supply chain companies to develop new business plans
- Established the Local Industry Fund for Transition which has funded 33 projects, generated over $160 million in investments and created 864 jobs